Friday@noon – Bavarian Workshop on Mathematical Optimization
Venue & Travel Directions
The workshop will take place at the TUM campus in Garching-Hochbrück. We will meet at
Room BC1 2.02.01 (second floor)
If you are traveling by car, you will find the TUM research campus at Garching-Hochbrück at the Autobahn A9 exit "Garching-Süd".
If you arrive at the Munich main station by train, take U4/U5 to "Odeonsplatz" or U1/U2 to "Sendlinger Tor" or any S-Bahn to "Marienplatz". From either of these stations, take the U6 towards "Garching Forschungszentrum". Exit at "Garching-Hochbrück".
- 12:00 Get-together with snacks and drinks
- 13:00 Big picture talk: Frauke Liers – Model- and Data-Driven Approaches in Optimization under Uncertainty
- 14:00 Talk: Dominik Kamp – Flow Formulation of the Stochastic Guaranteed Service Model with Demand Propagation
- 14:30 Coffee break
- 15:00 Big picture talk: Andreas Wiese – Approximation algorithms for packing problems
- 16:00 Talk: Yiannis Giannakopoulos – On the Smoothed Complexity of Combinatorial Local Search
- 16:30 Coffee break
- 17:00 Talk: Tobias Mömke – Capacitated Vehicle Routing in Graphic Metrics
- 17:30 Talk: Anja Schedel – Multi-Leader Congestion Games with an Adversary
After the official program, we will head to the city of Garchnig to have some joint dinner.
To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your name and institution.
This year's edition is organized by Andreas S. Schulz, Andreas Wiese, and Stefan Weltge.
The first two Friday@noon's took place at the University of Augsburg (2018) and the FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg (2019), initiated and organized by Mirjam Dür, Tobias Harks, Frauke Liers, and Alexander Martin.