Our Department, the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and several external organizations offer advice and support on many aspects of talent management and diversity for different needs. Here we offer a (non-comprehensive) overview and links.
At the TUM, our Gender and Diversity Strategy is developed, formed and supported by two central organs: the Gender Equality Office (for the Gender Equality Officers) and the executive department Diversity & Equal Opportunities. The department Diversity & Equal Opportunities covers the TUM Family Service, Diversity, Accommodation Service and Communication. For all members of the TUM they offer Information and Support Opportunities on a wide variety of topics in regard to equal rights and equal opportunities, on career development and further education as well as inclusion.
Especially for students, the Munich Student Union (Studentenwerk) has a wide range of offers from information pages, to counselling and coaching.
Further information on a variety of offers for students and staff, as well as for scientific staff at all levels, can be found as follows:
Sexual harassment, bullying and mobbing
- Together with the Munich Emergency Hotline for Women, the Gender Equality Office offers a telephone consultation hour on the theme of sexual harassment in the context of the university environment.
- University psychological services for staff
- Advisory service "Sexual Abuse, Discrimination and Violence against Women and Men" of the Munich Student Association
Equal rights, anti-discrimination and antiracism
- In case of a potential violation of the applicable regulations and standards, all members and partners of the university can reach out to the TUM Compliance Office.
- Gender Equality Officer as contact person for students and academic staff
- The Gender Equality Officer is the contact person for students and research staff
- The Equal Opportunity Officer is responsible for employees supporting scientific research and education
Compatibility of family and career
- Offers from the TUM Family Service
- Flexible child care in the Children's Room in the MI-Building (German language website only)
- Care support at home for ill children Zu Hause gesund werden (German language website only)
- Support from the Munich Student Union for studying with a child
- Offers for children, families and senior citizens from the Neighbourhood Support Garching (German language website only)
Health support whilst studying and working at TUM
Physical and psychological abilities
- Contacts at the Department of Mathematics on themes such as organizing your studies and specialist subject advice
- Information from the TUM on themes such as study orientation, help during your studied, health, accommodation, work and finances, children and family, equal opportunities and diversity.
- Advisory & Consulting Network of the Munich Student Union
- Department Student Council of Math-Physics-Informatics
For international students
For doctorate students
Good scientific and academic practice
Career opportunities for mathematicians
Coaching and mentoring
International Dual Career Network
The TUM is a founder member of the International Dual Career Network Munich. The platform is aimed at assisting partners of international scientists at the TUM and offers opportunities for them to make their abilities visible and further their own career network.
Netzworks: Women in Research and Mathematics
- Women of TUM - a TUM network for women
- Female Professors at the TUM
- Centre of Excellence for Women in Science
- EWM - European Women in Mathematics
- Women in MINT - Occupations (German language website only)
- NUT - Frauen in Naturwissenschaft und Technik (German language website only)
- VdU - Verband deutscher Unternehmerinnen (German language website only)
- Webgrrls Netzwerk für weibliche Fach- und Führungskräfte im Bereich der neuen Medien (German language website only)
- UK-LMS Women in Maths Conference Article in the Plus Magazine Online
- Situation of women in Science and Research