PhD and PostDoc Positions (wiss. Mitarbeiter*in)
New positions for PhD students and postdocs in our group will continue to become available, e.g., through Prof. Drton’s ERC Advanced Grant on "Graphical Models for Complex Multivariate Data". If you have a strong background in Statistics/Mathematics and are interested in joining our group, please send in your application.
The research in our group has a broad focus on statistical modeling and inference of dependencies in multivariate data. Graphical models, including structural causal models, are at the core of much of our research which explores, for example, algebraic and statistical issues related to latent variables and feedback loops in graphical/causal models, combinatorial methods to decide parameter identifiability, or statistical methods for graphical model selection and causal discovery.
- Master's/PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field,
- Strong mathematical preparation and interest in Statistics,
- Good computational skills (e.g., in R),
- Fluency in English (knowledge of German is a plus but not a requirement).
Applications should be sent to Mathias Drton email@example.com, with subject line "PhD Position" or "Postdoc Position". Applications will be considered as they are received. The application should be sent as a single PDF file (in English or German) and include
- brief statement of interests/motivation,
- CV (including the contact info of two academic references),
- university transcripts,
- as applicable, a list of publications or abstract of the Master thesis.
Salary in available positions is determined according to the level TV-L E 13 of the German public sector. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university's research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.